Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OctoBlogging

I just noticed that Kelli tagged me over a month ago for this blogging-game. Sorry, buddy!
This actually works out quite nicely. I keep thinking to myself, "I really should post something on my blog" because, as you may have noticed, it has been a while. There is a reason for that. The most obvious thing to post would be in regards to changes that I am thinking of making in my life. However, I haven't quite decided what those changes will be and I really should decide before I write about them. So until I resolve my quarter-life crisis (too early for mid-life), I will propel myself to the top of fellow-bloggers' sidebars by answering some introspective questions.


8 Things I'm passionate about
1. Obviously not maintaining my blog. Although blog stalking would probably qualify
2. The gospel of Jesus Christ, especially temple work
3. My amazing family
4. Encouraging my male peers to shave off their facial hair
5. Telling my patients not to take more than 4 grams of Tylenol per day. We are about to start a liver transplant program and this is the leading cause of acute liver failure. Lay off the percocet, people!
6. Using "good" and "well" correctly
7. Making really good Italian Cream Sodas
8. Organ Donation

8 Words/phrases I use most often
1. Hey, buddy!
2. That's true.
3. Peace out.
4. I don't know what to do with my life.
5. 11 East, this is Kristen. How can I help you?
6. Get 'er done.
7. What's shakin'?
8. Okey-dokey.

8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Have my picture in a conference edition of the Ensign.
2. Kayak from Alaska to Seattle.
3. Grow a family.
4. Get a black eye, maybe by getting punched in the face. Please don't punch me the next time you see me.
5. Get a tan.
6. Live on an avocado farm. Or own one.
7. Get Lasik eye surgery.
8. Be involved in humanitarian aide on every continent.

8 Places I want to visit
1. Portland, Oregon. This is about 4 hours by car from where I live now. I don't know why I haven't gone yet.
2. Alaskan cruise. Again, quite doable considering where I live.
3. China. I have loved every person from China that I have ever met so I imagine this to be a country full people with whom I would get along quite nicely.
4. Stockholm, Sweden. Preferably sometime in the next 18 months so I can see my parents the awesome senior missionary couple.
5. Devil's Pool, Victoria Falls, Africa.
6. The Celestial Kingdom. Except I would replace "visit" with "live".
7. The Appalachian Trail. Except I would replace "visit" with "hike it."
8. Glacier National Park, Montana.

8 Favorite restaurants
1. Cafe Rio. I could move back to Utah just to be close to a Cafe Rio.
2. The Saffron Grill- an Indian restaurant one block from my house that I haven't been to in a year.
3. Cheesecake Factory. About 10 miles from my house that I have been to 3 times in the last 2 months.
4. My mom's kitchen. When I was little and had to sit at the kid's table, my mom would call it "The Restaurant" to make us feel special, so I think this is an appropriate categorization.
5. When my roommate cooks. I am now using the term "restaurant" even more loosely.
6. Any sushi restaurant where the little plates come around on a conveyor belt.
7. A Döner stand in Germany, preferably run by a large Turkish man.
8. The Crab Pot. Bibs, hammers, and cups of melted butter. Heaven.

8 Shows I watch
1. Lost. I am determined to make it through to the end of this show.
2. Project Runway. For a long time I thought this was a reality show about aviation so I never watched it.
3. Glee. Welcome back!
4. The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I find that I can really relate to her.
5. The Dick Van Dyke Show.
6. Parks and Recreation.
7. The Office. Mostly out of habit.
8. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution- this is my current favorite show. It is quite awesome.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I love it! Thanks for doing it! We should go on an Alaskan cruise. And before Camille leaves, actually. Hmm...we better move fast on that one! I like your humanitarian aid on every continent; maybe I'll join you for that one too!

Let's hang out again soon! Good luck with all your decisions-and remember I'm here for ya! Loves!

Lindsay Jane said...

I love this post and I love you. Totally made me laugh and let's go to Portland!

Opa said...

If you drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day, don't take more than 2 grams per day.
(Opa pharmacologist)

For those of you who (like me) did not know about “Devil's Pool, Victoria Falls, Africa” the falls are located in southern Africa on the Zambezi River between the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe. While Victoria Falls are neither the highest nor the widest waterfall in the world, they are claimed to be the largest.
A famous feature is a naturally formed pool known as the Devil's Pool, near the edge of the falls. When the river flow is at a safe level, people can swim very close to the edge of the falls within the pool without continuing over the edge and falling into the gorge; this is possible due to a natural rock wall just below the water and at the very edge of the falls that stops their progress despite the current.
(Opa world traveler)

Mom said...

Kristen, I love your blog and am glad you have so many favorite things. I tried to watch Lost, but I have finally admitted to myself I'm not intelligent enough to figure what the **@W& is going on. Love you

Emily said...

Best blog EVER. I want to go to the Saffron Grille with you in June. It sounds yummy!

Michelle said...

Hey buddy! I call Caleb buddy all the time, and I'm pretty sure it's because of you. You write really good. This was a well post. I am trying to make it to the end of Lost, also. Endure to the end.