Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Day of School


Okay, so this isn't exactly how I looked going to my first day of school but it is certainly how I felt. Like a little girl in pigtails and glasses, intoxicated by the smell of a new trapper-keeper. The first morning of classes has always been exciting for me. I remember those days growing up and how I would carefully layout my persona-defining outfit and new school supplies. Mom would take my picture in front of whichever bush was flowering at the time and off I would go.

This year, starting at an unknown campus, meant familiarizing myself with the bus routes and painstakingly studying the floor plan of the health science building which continues to baffle me. But despite sleeping through my alarm, I made my bus and found the classroom with two minutes to spare. I took a deep breath, opened the door...and the massive classroom was completely empty! This was seriously like a bad dream. Had they moved the classroom and I missed the memo? It took ten terrifying minutes with my email and course syllabus before I came to the comforting yet embarrassing realization that this class didn't start until Thursday. Well, it was a good dry run.

Go Huskies!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm SO happy you took this picture! I always encourage people on their first day of school to take a new picture as they head out the door. Seriously. I love it. And I'm happy for you that you've started school, and may end up following your MPH footsteps next year! :) We shall see! Anyway, love the outfit, love the hair, love the glasses, love YOU!!

Carma said...

I love this post!! So cute!! Sorry that you ha your day wrong- but at least you have a good sense of humor about it! :)

Mom said...

You go Kristy! The picture was so cute...reminded me of so many first days for you that I was lucky enough to see.....Luvya

esmiley said...

Better a few days early then late! :o) And what a fun picture!

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part. I care for such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.House removal company

Unknown said...

We provide a safe, reliable and affordable removal service if anyone needs for moving their house from one place to another then contact with link provided. Removals Companies