Saturday, February 9, 2008

Aubrey's Wedding and More Fun on I-15

Yesterday was the wedding of one of my very favorite people. Aubrey and I were mission companions and always had a lot of fun. One of our favorite things to do was to dress up and take silly pictures.



Well, yesterday she married Nate- what a lucky guy! You couldn't have asked for better weather and she looked so pretty in her winter cloak.


That night, I played the harp at her wedding reception. This was the first time taking the harp in my new Subaru and using my new harp dolly.

Everything went swimmingly until the car ride home. For those of you who don't know, I got Sheila about 6 weeks ago and she has spent 4 of those weeks in the shop. Yes, I think I bought a lemon...bummer. But I had just gotten the car back a week ago and everything seemed fine. Aubrey's reception was about an hour and a half from my house. The first hour of the drive was fine but then the check oil light suddenly started blinking and the engine started making a funny ratttling noise. I pulled over and the car died and wouldn't start again. So there I was, broken down on I-15, late at night in my party dress and heels, with a harp in the backseat.


Emily and Richard to the rescue! I called my little sister who was conveinently at her fiance's house just a few miles away. She came and collected me and Celeste, while a tow truck took Sheila back to the mechanic. Let's hope that this stay is much shorter than the last one!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so glad you have a blog!! I just found it through Jenny's.

esmiley said...

Your mom was telling me about your car woes...good luck. But at least the car broke down on your way home so you could enjoy the reception.

Wenni Donna said...

Wedding fun with friends is a glorious time. My sister's friend wedding was an exquisite one. A beautiful event locations in our city was booked by her father. Dinner was of best quality and cake design was extraordinary as well. Liked the sober decorations and yellow lighting complementing the venue interior.