Sunday, February 24, 2008

Foot in Mouth...


I seem to have trouble finishing my sentences today which has led to some misunderstandings.


First, I went with my sister Emily to stuff wedding announcements tonight. We stopped by her future sister-in-law's house for her birthday party. The mother of house introduced herself to me and I was trying to say, "I'm Emily's sister, Kristen" but I got as far as "I'm Emily.." and she shrieked and thought that I was Emily and engaged to Richard. The real Emily was quite indignant at my attempt to impersonate her.


Then our home teachers were over tonight. They asked what was going on in my life. I was trying to say, "I'm working the night shift at the hospital and defending my honors thesis tomorrow." However before I could finish, one of them asked me a question. I stopped in the middle of my sentence to answer, so it ended "...and defending my honor."

4 comments:

jennybhill said...

I can just see it -- a duel in the hospital hallway.

I'm glad you're blogging Kristen!

Lincolnlogger said...

Well, if the alternative is that you're not willing to defend your honor...

Oh well. Maybe people need to stop inturrupting you!

esmiley said...

that explains your facebook entry, "defending my honor." I hope your these defense went well. We're soooooooo excited to see you in a few short weeks.

Emily & Richard said...

nice clipart