Thursday, July 24, 2008

WANTED:


I recently opened a bank account with a bank which shall remain nameless. After having some trouble with my ATM card, I went in the bank to find out what the problem was.

Two hours with the bank manager and I was informed that I had essentially stolen $500 and was under investigation.

Let me 'slpain. When I opened my account, the banker accidentally gave me the wrong ATM card. Of this I had no idea, and over the course of a few weeks, I withdrew $500 (since I hadn't received my checks or debit card yet). I knew I had enough in my account so I didn't bother getting a receipt and didn't realize anything was wrong.

However, the account holder did realize something was wrong and filed a claim with the police, who when I went into the bank were trying to find out who was using her card. Poor lady. Well I withdrew the money from my account and deposited into hers and the bank informed the claims department that it was their mistake so everything seems to be cleared up now.

Better that it happened this way instead of the cops banging on my door.

5 comments:

jennybhill said...

Wow, you were just steps away from Greg's "wanted for robbery" experience. Nice security cam shot.

esmiley said...

That's crazy!

Michelle said...

Kristen! I thought your mother taught you better than that.

Emily said...

What a great story for "2 Truths and a Lie!"

Carma said...

Oh, Kristen, what adventures you are having so far in Seattle!!

I request that you write a blog about your job...