Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Seattle Scene

Here I am in Seattle. Wahoo! Mom helped me move out and get settled before she headed home (super big thanks mom!!).


We have a lovely and spacious apartment that we have been making into a home. Here are some glimpses.

My roommate Camille- isn't she so nice to do the dishes?




Our best Craigslist find-the futon of my dreams...for free! And the man that we got it from was from Omaha. It was just meant to be. :)


Our worst Craigslist find- this vacuum must have been previously owned by a smoker because you can totally smell tobacco whenever we vacuum. I think we are on the market for a new one- at least we didn't pay for it.



Our most impulsive Craigslist find- 52" screen TV. I figured if we had bought a new TV, it probably would have been at least as expensive as buying this used one and it is really fun to watch movies on.



My Ikea dresser- a half an hour to drive to the store and three hours to put it together. There is a certain satisfaction from putting together your own furniture. And a certain frustration when you realize that you put it together wrong.




The view from our balcony. Can you see the sign among the trees? You have to look close....
That's right, friends- just hop over our balcony and you are just steps away from curly fries and roast beef sandwiches.

Alright, the reservations books are now open. Come see me!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Great finds! Your apartment is really looking like a home!

esmiley said...

Yeah! Good bargain hunting! (Now you know why some adds on craigslist say, "from a smokefree/pet-free home") It looks like you guys are settling in!

We (Grace, Kevin, myself, and the midwest) all miss you!

Elizabeth O. said...

Your apartment looks great. Tell Camille hi for me. I miss you guys lots. Where will you and she be working? COngrats on passing boards.

jennybhill said...

Your place looks great -- how fun to be furnishing it with your Craigslist (and IKEA) finds!

Carma said...

Hello, dear sister. What a TV! You sure beat us in the size category wow.

I want to see a post about how your job is going!!

Thanks for all the great pics.

Michelle said...

Our apartment is also furnished in craigslist chic. I'm so glad you're getting settled in and that you are on our coast! We'll have to send you a message in a bottle or something. Love you!