Sunday, June 29, 2008

Aunt DiDi Tour 2008: Hoboken, NJ

Well, the great Aunt DiDi tour concluded on the east coast where I got to hang out with the Lincolns and the Petersons. 
The newlyweds are as cute as ever.


Of course we played some Ruckus!


We made a last-minute decision to go to Six Flags on Saturday. By pooling our money for a Flash Pass, we were able to skip the lines and cram in as many roller coasters as possible. The roller coaster below is Kingda Ka, the tallest and fastest in the world. As a roller coaster enthusiast, I was in heaven!



Here is Thurman getting off one of the many rides that he could ride by himself!


We also managed to squeeze in a little Rock Band and I improved greatly. :)


And of course a Broadway show. After failing at the Wicked lottery 3 or 4 times, I got student rush tickets for "Legally Blonde". Emily and I enjoyed front row center seats.



I also took my NCLEX last Tuesday (the test to become a registered nurse). As probably most of the people reading this blog know, I have been studying for this for the last couple of months. After 75 questions (the minimum number of questions), the test shut off. I was so worried I had failed but a couple of days later, I saw that I had passed. It was a pretty  unsatisfying testing experience but I am just relieved to have it done with and be able to get on with my life. Stay tuned for Kristen's big move to Seattle!
CredentialLast NameFirst NameMICredential TypeStatusYear of BirthStateCE Due DateAction
RN60023188BylundKristenMarieRegistered Nurse LicenseACTIVE1983UTNo

5 comments:

esmiley said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you passed...but we knew you would. It looks like you had a lot of fun in Hoboken and Manhattan too!

jennybhill said...

CONGRATS! Nice to not have to think about a test anymore so you can focus on actually starting your job! Hey, will you send me your new address in Seattle? This is a big week for you -- happy traveling :)

Lincolnlogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lincolnlogger said...

Kingda Ka coaster stats: 128 miles per hour, 458 feet high. Total duration: about a minute. Kristen's reaction afterwards: Priceless. "I wouldn't even classify it as a roller coaster, it's something else entirely!"

Emily & Richard said...

WHAT are Richard and I doing in that picture? And go Legally Blonde the Musical! Woot!