Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The chair and the game

I've been looking for an armchair for my room. I finally got this one for free off of craigslist. It is pretty worn but it was the right size and very comfortable.




So three yards of fabric later and I have a chair that actually matches my room. I've never reupholstered a chair before and actually I still haven't. This was just draping new fabric over the chair. Right now it is mostly being held together by safety pins so it is a good thing that I have another day off tomorrow to finish the job.




Oh and we went to a Mariners game the other night. When we got there, they were losing 6 to zero but they came back to win it after scoring 10 runs in one inning! It was pretty darn exciting.







3 comments:

esmiley said...

I'm excited about your chair. Maybe your help with my big red chair a few week ago inspired you to upolstery greatness! :o)

Emily said...

You score some sweet deals on craigslist!

jennybhill said...

Craigslist seems to be working well for you! Your 52" tv purchase inspired me to buy a bigger tv from Craigslist(only half the size of yours) in honor of the Olympics. Maybe we'll try selling it again in a couple of weeks for a profit :) Remember not to buy a knife block from Craigslist!