Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wallace and Gromit Falls

Yesterday, I went on the most beautiful hike. It is actually just called Wallace Falls but I have a hard time separating those two names. Here is a picture of the falls. Just lovely!



My only complain was about a half an hour into the two and a half hour hike, I stumbled on a rock (clumsy, clumsy) and rolled my ankle. It hurt pretty bad and I was bummed because I really wanted to finish the hike. So I said a prayer and sat down on a rock for a few minutes. When I got back up, my ankle was still tender but I was able to make it to the top without any more problems. In fact the longer I hiked, the better it felt. By the time I came back down, it actually felt pretty good and I was convinced that I wouldn't have anymore trouble with it.
The awkward self-taken picture to prove that I was really there:

Wallace Falls is about an hour northeast of Seattle. When I got back to my apartment, I stepped out of the car and immediately winced in pain. My ankle must have stiffened up on the way back because it was hurting again pretty bad. Luckily, after a little ice and elevation, it seems to be fine. The few moments of pain were a small price to pay for such a gorgeous view!

4 comments:

esmiley said...

Looks beautiful! I love hiking to something fulfilling like beautiful falls, or the top of a mountain, or a great view of a canyon or something.

Emily said...

Pretty! Glad you're okay now

jennybhill said...

That is gorgeous! Way to make the time and effort to enjoy the beauty near you. I'm glad your ankle is doing okay too. As Mom would say, "You're a trooper."

Carma said...

wow, that is very pretty. reminds me a bit of our Bushkill Falls. (but prettier!)