Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sailing and Sunset

Today was a great summer day. In the morning, Camille and I met up with our new friend Nick. He lives on his sailboat and took us out on it. I don't recall that I have ever gone sailing before and I had such a fun time. I asked Nick if I could be the AS1, which would be first assistant sailor. I didn't have very many responsibilities but a couple of times, when he asked me to pull on a line, I did it and quite well, if I do say so myself.

Here I am on the sailboat. I wanted to do my best Bob Wiley imitation... "I'M SAILING! I AM SAILING!!"

Here, Camille and I are pulling up the sail. It is harder than it looks.

Okay, this was seriously cool. When we got back to the marina, Nick asked if I wanted to go up the mast. Um, yes! So I put on a harness and he pulled me up.

Here is our little boating group and the boat's name is Genevieve.

Tonight my roommates and I went and watched the sunset from the beach. It was seriously so beautiful. Here we are!

4 comments:

esmiley said...

how fun! I agree I would have to quote What About Bob too.

Lindsay Jane said...

So Fun! I love that you went up the mast. Way to go sailor.

jennybhill said...

"Baby hoists up to the mast..."

Hey, will you change your pictures so that we can click on them and see them in more detail? I want to see the joy on your face in these photos :)

Mom said...

Kristy, you are sooo cool. How fun. ditto to Jenny's comment. I want to see closeups.