Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby it's cold out there!

Seattle got hit with a lovely little blizzard this week. Snow goes a long way to making things really look like Christmas.


This picture is taken from the 11th floor of the hospital, where I work. It didn't turn out quite as well as I liked but it was just so beautiful with the snow falling in the still of the night. Also, work related- we are in a Code Delta, meaning that during any kind of natural or other disaster, nurses are legally required to stay at the hospital until our replacements can make it in. Yesterday morning after working all night, one of the nurses was having a hard time driving in so I ended up staying an extra 3 hours until she got there. That will be some nice overtime pay. Fortunately church was cancelled yesterday so that I was able to stay. Good thing- I would have looked mighty silly playing the organ in my scrubs.

Today, Camille and I braved the icy road to go sledding. By the way, my car Sheila is doing so great in the snow. Aside from a few minor sliding episodes, I really haven't had any trouble getting around. Camillie had some intertubes that we inflated and enjoyed a morning of sledding.





2 comments:

kevin711 said...

You're quite a flexible flier there on the inner tube!

We had a ward organist who was a medical resident who did play the organ in his scrubs one Sunday. He was also falling asleep during the slow parts, but he still did a good job.

Emily said...

Code Delta. Sounds very official. It was been really nice here in DC. It was in the sixties last week and up again in the fifties this week. Still haven't seen any snow... :(