Monday, January 5, 2009

Running Amok

Yesteday in Relief Society, one of the sisters mentioned that she was planning on running a half marathon in June. I thought to myself, "Oh, I've always wante to do that." Then I talked to her tonight at FHE and she got me all excited about it. Why not now? Why not me? I signed up on line and paid the fee so now I am committed. It actually sounds really cool. Here is the logo:

It has its name because along the route, there are bands playing and afterwards there is a big concert. Fun, right? Well, today I ran three miles- only a fraction of the 13 miles I hope to run in 6 months but its a start.

6 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! Congrats!

Opa said...

That's wonderful. 13 miles is a long way - I did 10 miles once, and decided I liked 10K a lot better.

jennybhill said...

Hey Kristen -- that's awesome! Good for you. Aaron has run one full marathon and he's said ever since that a half marathon is the way to go.

Mom said...

Kristen, that is awesome. You can do anything you set your mind to. You go, girl.

Carma said...

cool!! I like your title too.

Kim Whitefield said...

That's a great goal, Kristen! Keep it up!