Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snaps for Greenlake!

This is one of my favorite places in Seatte and lucky for me, it is only a couple miles away. Besides being my training ground for the half marathon but I love it because it is like a mecca for Seattle runners.


Here are some of the interesting things I've encoutered there in the last week:

*A tightrope walker in training. I've seen this man a couple of times who ties a cable between two trees and...well, practices walking on it.

*Dancing roller-skating man. Today I running behind this guy who was wearing roller skates, the likes of which I haven't seen since my ninth birthday party at Skateland. He was skating backwards, kicking his legs up, and bopping his head around. The strange thing was he didn't appear to be listening to music. It was quite entertaining.

*Myself running 6 miles without stopping. Wahoo!

6 comments:

jennybhill said...

Nice job with your training! The roller-skate man sounds extremely entertaining. (Was he wearing sweatbands?) It reminded me of two things: Emily's recent blog about Grace dressing in 80s fashion, and Miss Piggy taking roller skates from the guy in Central Park.

Lindsay Jane said...

Congrats on the 6 miles. I think I will always be a run walker. I too love Greenlake. Today while I was running, I ran past two cross dressing men in wigs, makeup, skirts, legwarmers and running shoes. :) Good times. Next Saturday we should run together.

esmiley said...

Snaps for Kristen! 6 miles woohoo!

Alicia said...

Hey girly! I'm coming up to Seattle March 11...yeah! I'll be staying with Kelli but she's going to talk to you so we can get together. I want to see this Lake, it looks beautiful and the awesome skating and tight rope men! Also, congrats on running, you're awesome!

Emily said...

When I come out there, we should run on Greenlake! It looks beautiful

Mom said...

Wow, 6 miles...I'm not sure I could walk that far. Yay for you!