Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Drive by Canada

My roommate Camille and I decided to drive up to Vancouver for a visit since our days off overlapped. We made it up Monday evening, found a hotel, walked along the waterfront and ate yummy seafood. I had a bunch of fun things planned for Tuesday. Unfortunately we woke up that morning to find it snowing like crazy. And all of those fun things that I had planned involved being outside. So, needless to say we had to alter out plans a little.

This is how our trip turned into drive by Canada. It was too cold to get out of the car so we drove by interesting points and took pictures. Since I was driving, Camille took the pictures so I'll just give you a sample of the day. Here is one of the few times that we got out of the car. I really wanted to see this clock, the only steam powered clock in the world.


And to prove that we were actually there, here are some special Canadian snacks: ketchup chips and dill pickle chips. I had never either flavor before- very interesting.


To end the trip on a high note, we stopped at Walmart on the way home (there are no Walmarts in Seattle proper) where I bought a nightgown and 4 avacados. We'll have to go back in the springtime so we can finish my list of things to do in Vancouver.

This picture has nothing to do with Canada but I found it in my files. Since I never posted anything about my Christmas vacation, here I am with cute Gracie.

2 comments:

jennybhill said...

That sounds like a fun trip. Isn't it great to have a reason to travel back somewhere? I was referring to your list of things undone, but I suppose it could also be when the ketchup-chip craving overwhelms you.

esmiley said...

Cute picture of you and Grace. Would you e-mail it to me in a large format? Sounds like a good trip and you made the most of it despite the snow. I've always wanted to see that part of Canada.