Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!!

When I found out that my ward was going to be having a smorgasbord after church on Easter, I immediately signed up to bring a dessert. Mostly so I could have an excuse to make this:


That's right! It's the traditional Bylund Easter cake. Smother a cake with green frosting and coconut, throw on some Starburst jellybeans and top it off with some peeps that no one ever eats. The only thing that was missing was Easter poppers and if you know what those are, then you are probably in my immediate family.

Today was also wonderful because we had such a lovely sacrament program full of readings and special musical numbers. I can hardly believe how much musical talent is in our ward. It makes me extra self conscious about playing the organ, knowing there are all those musicians out there. I don't think I will ever get over my organ jitters.

We sang "O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown" for the sacrament hymn. During the singing I was just trying to hit as many of those eighth notes as I could and wasn't really paying attention to the words. But during the sacrament I started reading the text. It seemed to reflect those feelings for which I have a hard time expressing. Especially these lines:

What praises can we offer to thank thee Lord most high? In our place thou didst suffer; In our place thou didst die.

I am so grateful for my Savior. He is risen!

3 comments:

Nana said...

I love the picture. I'm glad you had a nice day....wished you were closer, but at least we both ate the same Easter cake (and I DO eat the peeps).

stephanielynn said...

I think you do a great job on the organ!

kevin711 said...

I'm glad you are not traumatized about Easter cakes anymore after your experience with my cake freshman year!
We enjoyed a wonderful Easter cake made by Jenny (and quite a bit of popper fun).