Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Filling in the family tree...


One thing that was sad for me about moving to Seattle was that I wouldn't have any family here. When I was going to school in Utah, I was lucky to to have a lot of my extended family close by. While I have made many lovely friends, there is nothing like family.

Well, it just so happens that one of my lovely friends is named Layne. He recognized my last name as his grandmother's maiden name. We did a little research and I was excited to discover that we are second cousins! His grandmother is my grandfather's sister. Beacause my dad grew up in Pennsylvania, he didn't know his cousins (including Layne's mother) very well.
I guess when your parents and your grandparents all come from large families, you will never be far from a cousin!

2 comments:

jennybhill said...

That's great -- is his grandmother Cheryl?

Kristen said...

No, his grandmother is Grandpa Bruce's sister Frances.