Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tulips, tulips, and more tulips!


Remember how I love Seattle? I am always surprised by how many interesting things there are to do around here. Today I went to the 26th annual tulip festival in Skagit Valley.
We had a fun time walking around the fields of tulips. There were at least 88 varieties of tulips, as well as daffodils, hyacinths, crocus and iris. I had no idea that there were so many different types of tulips or that there were so many of them in one place (outside of Holland anyway).
I so enjoy being out in nature. It was really quite a lovely way to spend Earth Day.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, looks like something out of a travel brochure! Hey, you've been in Austria, Germany and Switzerland this year...why not "virtual reality" Holland? (PS Who are your cute companions?)

Emily said...

pretty!

jennybhill said...

Yeah, I thought you had to go to Holland for a view like that. It's beautiful!