Monday, May 4, 2009

Conversations with Anna

Here is a sampling of little talks I had with my 4 year old niece in California last week.

*Anna on Good and Evil
(We are talking about a movie)
Anna: And those guys were very bad.
Me: Why were they so bad?
Anna: Because they didn't listen to Jesus.

*Anna on Health and Beauty
Anna: (while watching me get ready) What is that?
Me: This is lip gloss. Do you want to try some?
Anna: Oh yes! (I put a little on her)
Me: See, it makes your lips shiny.
Anna: Yeah! Before my lips were zero shiny and now they are eight shiny!
(Anna likes to give everything a numeric measurement).

*Anna on Marriage
Anna: Can I tell you who I am going to marry?
Me: Yes, please.
Anna: I am going to marry Jonah because he is older than me and I like him so much. Who are you going to marry?
Me: I don't know. Do you want to help me decide?
Anna: Yeah! (we look at pictures of my facebook friends)
Me: Who do you think I should marry?
Anna: This one! Now what you should do is send him a computer message that says, "I will marry you."

I sure love my little buddy!

2 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I love it! Anna is so wise. Can I borrow her to help find who I'm going to marry. So cute. Thanks for sharing.

jennybhill said...

Cute picture! It sounds like Anna understands the power of networking on Facebook:)

Do we get to hear about your new place soon?