Monday, May 18, 2009

The new digs!

As promised here are some pictures of our new home. It is a fourplex with our own entrance and quite the upgrade from our last apartment. Here is the living room. We kept our humongous tv- it seemed to fit the retro style of the house. And luckily we have some nice young men in the ward who moved it for us.





Here is the view of the living room from the other side. Now you can see my little music corner. That stool is doing double duty. Sit one direction to play the keyboard and the other to play the harp.



Here is the kitchen and breakfast nook, what you see when you first come up the stairs.




Our wine cellar and bar. It will still be used, even if not for the exact purpose it was intended.



So, I may have gone a little overboard buying glasses from Goodwill but it will sure be fun to serve Martinellis and Italian sodas in them.



Our sunroom, with a lovely view of interstate 5. No more checking traffic on the computer before I leave for work, now I just look out the window.





View number one of my room.



And view number two.




Well, I left out a lot of things like the hot tub and the huge closets but you get the idea. It is surely a fun place to live.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, it looks very nice and BIG. It looks like you have several couches and two tables..Enjoy..PS I think your room looks great.

esmiley said...

Looks very nice and spacious. I like your "blatantly Mormon" use of the wine cellar.

Lincolnlogger said...

It looks awesome Kristen (this is Carma, not Greg by the way)! A couple of nights ago, I had this very vivid dream that I went to visit you. I really want to!!
I'm digging the sunroom!!

jennybhill said...

WOW! WOW! And Hot Tub!? Awesome.

Kristen said...

Yes, there is a hot tub in the apartment. Unfortunately, we can't use it. I have been trying to think of other fun things to do with it. Maybe a ball pit?

Kelli said...

This looks great! I need to come over and see it soon!! And it's been too long since I've seen you guys! Congrats on the new digs!