Friday, May 8, 2009

Sick Day

I called in sick to work today. No, I don't have swine flu. But I didn't think that my patients would appreciate me sneezing and coughing all over them. The thing is that I've never called in sick to anything before. I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I feel a little guilty for not going to work even though I know that I would just be spreading germs. Mostly, though, it is awesome. Not only do I get a night off but I am actually getting paid for sitting at home, drinking my blueberry tea and watching a documentary on Walmart. One of those perks to having a grown-up job.

3 comments:

jennybhill said...

I'm glad you don't have H1N1! Good job to call in sick -- seems like you definitely need to do that as a nurse since you are in the business of promoting health. What was your documentary called?

Nana said...

That is pretty amazing that you have never called in sick before..you must be related to your dad. PS Get well soon!

Emily said...

Is the documentary Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price? I just watched that, too!