Saturday, November 15, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

*KenKen
I spent many a hours in my BYU days working my way through the Sudokus in the daily newspaper. After graduation, I wasn't sitting through hours of classes and consequently stopped my daily tradition. Then the other night, I had my Reader's Digest at work during a slow period and discovered this super fun new puzzle. It is like Sudoku except the numbers in the shaded boxes have to make the number in the corner using the function indicated. Here is an example. Unfortunately, I have yet to complete one correctly but I get closer everytime.


*High School Musical on Ice:

Now this is just good clean fun. I totally loved the movies, though I have yet to see the third one. I saw this event advertised last week and somehow I convinced my roommate to come with me. We stuck out a little among the shrieking pre-teens and long-suffering parents but I had a great time! Go Wildcats!!!




Right now my favorite things do not include the following:

*Having to cross a picket line to get to church

5 comments:

Opa said...

The other thing about KenKen is that there needs to be a 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 in each row and each column.

Sorry about the picket lines. Perhaps you hace seen the statement of the First Presidency which says among other things "People of faith have been intimidated for simply exercising their democratic rights. These are not actions that are worthy of the democratic ideals of our nation. The end of a free and fair election should not be the beginning of a hostile response in America...We call upon those who have honest disagreements on this issue to urge restraint upon the extreme actions of a few that are further polarizing our communities and urge them to act in a spirit of mutual respect and civility towards each other. "

Emily said...

Mom and I saw HSM3 last night! BEST MOVIE EVER!

Nana said...

I am not sure you can teach an old nana new KenKens, but it sounds enjoyable and challenging! Maybe you can teach me when you come home, like you taught me T9 texting. I'm sorry you had to cross a picket line. Emily and I went to "High School Musical 3" last night in Arlington while Richie studied. It was lots of fun (the dancing even showed up the Dancing Grannies). I hadn't seen the other two. Mom

jennybhill said...

KenKen looks very fun! Maybe that's what I should do during late night feedings :)
Has there been a lot of reaction/protests in Seattle??

Kim Whitefield said...

Has the picketing stopped? It's not like we Mormons are the only ones that voted against amendment 8, or it wouldn't have been passed. It's just plain bigotry to assume so and react that way. Stay strong, sister! I mean cousin.